MTI 553: PLC 2.0: Effective Collaboration
GRADUATE CREDITS: 3
Birk, C. and Larson, G. (2019). PLC 2.0: Collaborating for Observable Impact in Today’s Schools. FIRST Educational Resources. ISBN 978-1733239004
In this course teachers will seek to create a high functioning PLC for their departments/schools. Teachers will look at their current challenges in the areas of: creating observable visions of their learners, investigating evidence-based reality, exploring their learning, experimenting and observing students, reflecting, then customizing their activities. No matter what level they are at, there is an appropriate tool that can be utilized to move their PLC forward.
At the completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Create an observable vision of a learner in their classroom. InTASC 1,7
- Reflect on and improve student and adult actions in a PLC. InTASC 7
- Develop and implement a set of tools that allow teachers to solve current challenges in the classroom. InTASC 1,3,5,6,8
- Increase student engagement in the classroom. InTASC 1,2
Universities, Course Formats & Pricing
Available within 1 week of receiving your grade.
- 5 discussions
- 10 discussion responses
- 2 applications
- 1 action research project
- 1 essay