MTI 578 PH: Teaching Personal and Social Responsibility to Students through Physical Education
GRADUATE CREDITS: 3
This course will help educators use sport and fitness to develop responsibility in students. Educators enrolled in this course will examine practical ways to teach personal and social responsibility to students through Physical Education. Educators will be provided a description of activities that teach personal and social responsibility to students, leading them through skill development, and handing over responsibility to the students. The activities provided in this course can be applied into any Physical Education lesson.
At the completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand the benefits of developing personal and social responsibility through Physical Education. InTASC 1,2,6,9,10
- Develop a culture within their Physical Education class that promotes personal and social responsibility. InTASC 2,3,7
- Identify areas within their own curriculum that can enhance personal and social responsibility. InTASC 1,3,5,7,8
- Research lessons, strategies, activities, and techniques related to personal and social responsibility of students in Physical Education. InTASC 1,5,6
- Reflect on their own teaching and interaction to incorporate personal and social responsibility of students in Physical Education. InTASC 6,8,9
- Apply strategies, activities, and techniques to fit the educators setting and needs of their students. InTASC 2,3,4,5,7,8
Universities, Course Formats & Pricing
Available within 1 week of receiving your grade.
- 10 text questions
- 2 applications
- 1 action research project
- 1 essay
- 10 journal entries
Teachers Love Our Courses...
"Great Class! I really enjoyed the discussions and learning about valuable strategies to implement in my classroom."
"Great courses, great pricing. I have taken 3 so far and I wish I had found them sooner."
Earn CASH for Referring a new educator
Refer a new customer to us get 10% of their purchase in CASH!