MTI 532 CI: Brain Powered Classroom: Focus, Mindfulness, Emotional Wellness
GRADUATE CREDITS: 3
Beal, Dave. The Brain Power Classroom: 10 Essentials for Focus, Mindfulness, and Wellness. Best Life Media. ISBN 978-1-935127-93-2.
Brain Powered Classroom: Focus, Mindfulness, Emotional Wellness will provide teachers and administrators expert guidance and inspiring stories from the field that help create a Brain Power Classroom full of engaged, focused and collaborative students. This course discusses, in detail, the 10 essentials for focus, mindfulness, and emotional wellness in the classroom. Part 1 of the course book provides scientific background, principles and insightful advice for creating an optimal classroom atmosphere. Part 2 features 30 classroom activities you can easily integrate into your current curriculum. They are divided into the “Brain Power 10 Essentials” and incorporate various modalities, such as movement, mindfulness, and focusing strategies to engage students’ multiple intelligences. Using the tools in this book, teachers will be able to motivate their students to use their full brain potential as they develop into harmonious leaders with strong character and high levels of academic achievement.
At the completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Provide a working definition of the terms: focus, mindfulness, emotional wellness. InTASC 1,2,3,4,5
- Articulate the effect of motivating students to utilize their full brain potential; thus developing into harmonious leaders with strong character and high levels of academic achievement. InTASC 1,2,3,5,6
- Develop a framework for integrating techniques of focus, mindfulness, and emotional wellness into traditional curriculum. InTASC 4,5,6,7,8
- Analyze pedagogical approaches for teaching students to manage stress, increase concentration, and develop internal efficacy. InTASC 1,3,5
- Identify the tools necessary in creating a brain power program. InTASC 1,3,9,10
Universities, Course Formats & Pricing
Available within 1 week of receiving your grade.
- 10 text questions
- 2 applications
- 1 action research project
- 1 essay
- 10 journal entries