MTI 598 PH: Maximizing Physical Education: Change, Challenge, Choice
GRADUATE CREDITS: 3
This course will help you get participants enthused about physical activity by giving them a feeling of ownership. The course material guides you in designing activities and games through which you can meet your objectives while engaging all the participants in your class or group. You will learn ways to create healthy learning climates where everyone feels safe, capable, successful, motivated, and connected to others, and where they have a sense of ownership in the activities. First, participants choose from challenges that you offer them, which allow them some self-directed behavior. Second, at a more advanced level, participants can choose among options they generate themselves, imparting a greater sense of autonomy--and with it, a willingness to participate in a more personal and appropriate manner. These choices result in changes--changes to games and activities and changes in the ways participants view being physically active. Kids will no longer fear being embarrassed in front of their peers; instead, they will welcome the challenges of a safe and fun learning environment and become more fully engaged.
At the completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand the foundation for changing activities in ways that afford proper challenges to participants. InTASC 1,2,6,9,10
- Apply and develop a culture where students feel safe, capable, successful, motivated, and connected to others, having a sense of ownership in the activities. InTASC 2,3,7
- Identify the type of communication necessary for successful implementation as well as the detailed steps involved in sharing decision making with participants. InTASC 1,3,5,7,8
- Research, apply and explore lessons, strategies, activities, and techniques for introducing change, challenge, and choice into your program. InTASC 1,5,6
- Reflect on tips and strategies to fully and successfully implement a choice approach that includes a variety of physical activity pursuits. InTASC 6,8,9
- Use strategies, activities, and techniques that maximize participation by relating participants’ needs to the program goals. InTASC 2,3,4,5,7,8
Universities, Course Formats & Pricing
Available within 1 week of receiving your grade.
- 10 text questions
- 2 applications
- 1 action research project
- 1 essay
- 10 journal entries
Teachers Love Our Courses...
"Great Class! I really enjoyed the discussions and learning about valuable strategies to implement in my classroom."
"Great courses, great pricing. I have taken 3 so far and I wish I had found them sooner."
Earn CASH for Referring a new educator
Refer a new customer to us get 10% of their purchase in CASH!