MTI 584 EL: The ELL Teachers Toobox: Hundreds of Practical Ideas and Supports for Your Students
GRADUATE CREDITS: 3
Beck, Isabel, Margaret McKeown and Linda Kucan. (2013). Bringing words to life: Robust vocabulary instruction (2nd ed.). New York, NY: The Guilford Press.
This course discusses the instructional strategies that build on the assets of ELLs. Included in the course is discussion of teaching tactic, technique, and method that can be used in a class as part of multiple lessons and across content areas. All strategies included in the course text, The ELL Teacher’s Toolbox, are purposeful in drawing out the gifts and tools our students already possess, along with providing new ones that will move them forward in their academic, social-emotional, and professional-economic lives. Each strategy follows the following outline: explanation, analysis, supporting research, Common Core Anchor Standards, application, technology integration, possible wrong-goings, educator contractions, and lastly, reproducibles and links.
At the completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Explore strategies that are designed to draw out the gifts and tools students already possess. (InTASC 2,4,5,7,8)
- Apply a practical, research-based guide to the instructional strategies that are appropriate for all students learning English. (InTASC 1, 2, 7, 8)
- Promote a classroom culture of active learning and not passivity. (InTASC 1,3,7,8)
- Integrate technology appropriately for the success of ELL students. (InTASC 2,5,7)
Universities, Course Formats & Pricing
Available within 1 week of receiving your grade.
- 10 text questions
- 2 applications
- 1 action research project
- 1 essay
- 10 journal entries
Teachers Love Our Courses...
"Great Class! I really enjoyed the discussions and learning about valuable strategies to implement in my classroom."
"Great courses, great pricing. I have taken 3 so far and I wish I had found them sooner."
Earn CASH for Referring a new educator
Refer a new customer to us get 10% of their purchase in CASH!