MTI 580 PH: Physical Education Curriculum: Lessons that Meet National Standards for K-12
GRADUATE CREDITS: 3
Educators enrolled in this course will examine the content knowledge and skills students should be expected to learn in physical education with the goal of physical literacy in mind. This course will provide educators with tools used in designing units, planning lessons, creating practice tasks, and assessing student progress. The course will give educators the resources necessary to develop a curriculum that meets National Standards and grade-level outcomes for K-12 in physical education.
At the completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand how physical literacy keeps Physical Education in line with other content areas. InTASC 1,2,4,9,10
- Understand how grade-level outcomes support the National Standards and are organized by level (elementary, middle, and secondary). InTASC 1,2,4
- Develop lessons that cover the critical elements of locomotor skills and/or manipulative skills. InTASC 1,2,3,5,7,8
- Develop lessons for Physical Education using deliberate practice tasks that progressively become more challenging, leading to physically literate students. InTASC 1,2,3,5,7,8
- Develop lessons that align with National Standards and grade-level outcomes for Physical Education. InTASC 1,2,6,7,8,
- Research ways technology can be used to assess student progress in Physical Education. InTASC 5,6,8
- Reflect on their own teaching and lessons to ensure they are incorporating physical literacy. InTASC 4,5,9
Universities, Course Formats & Pricing
Available within 1 week of receiving your grade.
- 10 text questions
- 2 applications
- 1 action research project
- 1 essay
- 10 journal entries
Teachers Love Our Courses...
"Great Class! I really enjoyed the discussions and learning about valuable strategies to implement in my classroom."
"Great courses, great pricing. I have taken 3 so far and I wish I had found them sooner."
Earn CASH for Referring a new educator
Refer a new customer to us get 10% of their purchase in CASH!