MTI 551 PH: Teen Mental Health in an Online World
GRADUATE CREDITS: 3
This course is designed to examine the complicated relationship between teen mental health and their online world. The notion that the internet only creates problems and issues for teenagers is challenged. An exploration of ideas to assist children in enhancing the positives of the internet as well as mitigating the negatives of the internet takes place throughout the textbook.
At the completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand the current state of research regarding teen mental health and all aspects of the online world. InTASC 1,5
- Identify several positive and negative aspects of teenage use of social media, digital tools, and the internet. InTASC 1,6
- Identify areas within their own work in which to apply their new knowledge of digital technologies and how they can affect children with mental health problems. InTASC 2,5
- Develop specific strategies to assist children when they encounter difficulties within their own online world. InTASC 2,4,5
- Reflect on their own experiences with social media and relate any negative experiences of their own or within their work with students with the content of this textbook. InTASC 9
- Apply strategies, activities, and techniques to fit the educators setting and needs of their students. InTASC 3,4,6,7
Universities, Course Formats & Pricing
Available within 1 week of receiving your grade.
- 10 text questions
- 2 applications
- 1 action research project
- 1 essay
- 10 journal entries
Teachers Love Our Courses...
"Great Class! I really enjoyed the discussions and learning about valuable strategies to implement in my classroom."
"Great courses, great pricing. I have taken 3 so far and I wish I had found them sooner."
Refer a Teacher Program
Refer a teacher and we’ll send you a $25 Amazon gift card!