MTI 550 PH: Lesson Planning for Skills-Based Health Education
GRADUATE CREDITS: 3
This course is designed to walk health educators through the process of implementing or improving upon a skills-based health education curriculum. The rationale for a skills-based curriculum is first explained and explored. Then each of the National Health Education Standards is visited in-depth including objectives, performance-based assessments, lesson plans, activities, and modifications.
At the completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the National Health Education Standards. InTASC 1,7,9
- Utilize the National Health Education Standards performance indicators to develop unit plans. InTASC 1,2,7,8
- Implement performance-based assessments for monitoring skill development. InTASC 4,8
- Implement effective lessons and learning activities that support skill development within health education. InTASC 1,3,5
- Reflect upon the current health education curriculum to identify areas needing review and improvement. InTASC 9
- Apply strategies, activities, and techniques to fit the educators setting and needs of their students. InTASC 3,4
Universities, Course Formats & Pricing
Available within 1 week of receiving your grade.
- 10 text questions
- 2 applications
- 1 action research project
- 1 essay
- 10 journal entries
Teachers Love Our Courses...
"Great Class! I really enjoyed the discussions and learning about valuable strategies to implement in my classroom."
"Great courses, great pricing. I have taken 3 so far and I wish I had found them sooner."
Earn CASH for Referring a new educator
Refer a new customer to us get 10% of their purchase in CASH!