MTI 536 CI: The Power of Formative Assessment
GRADUATE CREDITS: 3
Embedded formative assessment, Wiliam, SOLUTION TREE PRESS, Bloomington, Indiana, 2011. ISBN# 978-1-934009-30-7
This course will provide practical ideas about changes that every teacher can make in the classroom to develop their own practice of teaching, including evidence that these changes will result in improved outcomes for learners. Research evidence will show that these practical strategies in the process of formative assessment, will increase student engagement and help teachers make their teaching more responsive to students’ needs. Teachers will explore the use of classroom questioning, feedback, and collaborative and cooperative learning to engineer effective learning environments for students.
At the completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Implement ideas about changes that can be made in their classroom to develop their practice of teaching. InTASC 7, 8
- Facilitate effective classroom discussions, activities, and learning tasks that extract evidence of learning. InTASC 4, 5, 6
- Motivate learners as instructional resources for one another. InTASC 9, 10
- Provide feedback that advances learning. InTASC 2, 3
- Inspire learners to be owners of their personal learning. InTASC 3, 9, 10
Universities, Course Formats & Pricing
Available within 1 week of receiving your grade.
- 10 text questions
- 2 applications
- 1 action research project
- 1 essay
- 10 journal entries
Teachers Love Our Courses...
"Great Class! I really enjoyed the discussions and learning about valuable strategies to implement in my classroom."
"Great courses, great pricing. I have taken 3 so far and I wish I had found them sooner."
Earn CASH for Referring a new educator
Refer a new customer to us get 10% of their purchase in CASH!