MTI 534 CI: Developing a Growth Mindset: For Teachers of all Ages and Curriculum
GRADUATE CREDITS: 3
Gershon, Mike (2016). How to Develop Growth Mindsets in the Classroom: The Complete Guide. Lexington, KY: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform.
This course will provide teachers of all ages and curriculum with strategies, techniques, and activities to develop growth mindsets in their classroom. The course will help educators change the perception of mistakes and instill new habits that challenge their students. Mistakes and failures in the classroom will now be viewed as positive learning experiences. Educators will learn new ways to provide feedback, use language that promotes growth mindsets, and engage parents.
At the completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Identify the difference between a fixed and growth mindset. InTASC 4,7
- Understand the language used in their classroom needs to align with the overall message. InTASC 1,3,4,7
- Develop strategies in the classroom that change how students perceive mistakes. InTASC 3,5,7,8,9
- Provide feedback the students can use to alter their knowledge and understanding of skills. InTASC 5,6
- Understand the importance of engaging parents with growth mindsets. InTASC 4,9,10
- Implement the activities displayed in the textbook within their classrooms. InTASC 2,5,6,7,8
Universities, Course Formats & Pricing
Available within 1 week of receiving your grade.
- 10 text questions
- 2 applications
- 1 action research project
- 1 essay
- 10 journal entries
Teachers Love Our Courses...
"Great Class! I really enjoyed the discussions and learning about valuable strategies to implement in my classroom."
"Great courses, great pricing. I have taken 3 so far and I wish I had found them sooner."
Earn CASH for Referring a new educator
Refer a new customer to us get 10% of their purchase in CASH!