MTI 528 EL: Effective Instructional Practices for English Learners
GRADUATE CREDITS: 3
Vogt, MaryEllen, & Echevarria, Jana. (2008). “99 Ideas and Activities for Teaching English Learners with The SIOP Model.” Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.”
This class is designed to assist classroom teachers and support staff in tailoring instructional practices to support English Learners to develop both content knowledge and language growth. The class is organized to explore the 8 components of the Sheltered Instruction Observation Protocol (SIOP) Model and 30 features identified to guide educators in their development of effective lessons and assessments for instructing English Learners. Participants will also learn techniques and strategies to increase interaction, engagement, and comprehension for English Learners in their classrooms.
At the completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Develop strategies to provide English Learners with practice and application of key content and language concepts. InTASC 2,3,5,6
- Identify ways to promote students’ interaction with each other and with the teacher.InTASC 4,6,7,8
- Facilitate instructional learning opportunities for students to use English while reading, writing, listening, and speaking.InTASC 2,5, 9,10
- Design lesson plans with content and language objectives aligned to their subject areas and grade levels.InTASC 1,3,9,10
Universities, Course Formats & Pricing
Available within 1 week of receiving your grade.
- 10 text questions
- 2 applications
- 1 action research project
- 1 essay
- 10 journal entries
Teachers Love Our Courses...
"Great Class! I really enjoyed the discussions and learning about valuable strategies to implement in my classroom."
"Great courses, great pricing. I have taken 3 so far and I wish I had found them sooner."
Earn CASH for Referring a new educator
Refer a new customer to us get 10% of their purchase in CASH!