MTI 522 CI: Boys and Girls Learn Differently:Proven Methods to Design the Ultimate K-12 Classroom
GRADUATE CREDITS: 3
“Boys and Girls Learn Differently” by Michael Gurian and Kathy Stevens, 10th Anniversary Edition
In this course, K-12 educators will read the latest brain-based research on how boys and girls learn differently. You will learn how societal gender differences, socialized norms, and hard wiring affects how boys and girls learn. This course will demonstrate the importance of understanding gender theory and how it affects learning. Educators will learn practical, research-based, cutting-edge strategies to implement in the classroom to help all learners succeed. This book and course are eye-openers to the structure of education in regards to student learning and how we can help to improve learning for all students.
At the completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Identify fundamental differences in how boys and girls learn. InTASC 1,2
- Gain knowledge on the latest brain science and brain-based research to implement leading-edge practical strategies in the classroom. InTASC 8
- Integrate strategies to support gender-specific learning. InTASC 2,8
- Recognize the biological and neurological differences in males and females. InTASC 1,2
- Develop a learning environment in which boys and girls have the opportunity to be successful. InTASC 3
Universities, Course Formats & Pricing
Available within 1 week of receiving your grade.
- 10 text questions
- 2 applications
- 1 action research project
- 1 essay
- 10 journal entries
Teachers Love Our Courses...
"Great Class! I really enjoyed the discussions and learning about valuable strategies to implement in my classroom."
"Great courses, great pricing. I have taken 3 so far and I wish I had found them sooner."
Refer a Teacher Program
Refer a teacher and we’ll send you a $25 Amazon gift card!