MTI 520 SP: Students with Learning Disabilities: Reaching Higher Achievement Across All Grade Levels
GRADUATE CREDITS: 3
Martin, Lucy C. (2009). Strategies for Teaching Students With Learning Disabilities. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin Press. ISBN# 978-0-7619-3973-3
This course will walk the educator through the process of supporting a student with a learning disability from understanding the student’s needs to successfully supporting them for the long term. Educators will examine the process of determining how to decide whether students will receive accommodations or strategies while supporting parents throughout the process. They will learn practical strategies, interventions, and activities to more effectively teach students with learning disabilities across all settings and grade levels. Professionals will be challenged to reexamine their teaching and testing practices to more widely accommodate a variety of learning disabilities.
At the completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Recognize several different types of learning disabilities, InTASC 4
- Understand and identify with the perspectives of both the student and parent, InTASC 9
- Understand the process of identifying which students require strategies and which require accommodations, InTASC 7, 8
- Identify appropriate accommodations for students to use in the classroom and during test taking, InTASC 6
- Gain practical tips for classroom teaching and student management for each type of learning disability, InTASC 1, 2, 4
- Examine the benefits of teaching self-advocacy for students with special accommodations, InTASC 3
Universities, Course Formats & Pricing
Available within 1 week of receiving your grade.
- 10 text questions
- 2 applications
- 1 action research project
- 1 essay
- 10 journal entries
Teachers Love Our Courses...
"Great Class! I really enjoyed the discussions and learning about valuable strategies to implement in my classroom."
"Great courses, great pricing. I have taken 3 so far and I wish I had found them sooner."
Earn CASH for Referring a new educator
Refer a new customer to us get 10% of their purchase in CASH!