MTI 518 SP – Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder: Teaching with Strategies and Methodologies
GRADUATE CREDITS: 3
Ashcroft, Wendy, Argiro, Sue, and Keohane, Joyce. (2010). Success Strategies for Teaching Kids with Autism. Waco, TX: Prufrock Press Inc. ISBN# 978-1-59363-382-0
This course provides an overview of Autism Spectrum Disorders. Students will gain an understanding of the importance of research-based strategies and methodologies when teaching students with ASD. The course teaches basic ABA principles and methodologies and provides numerous strategies for teaching students with ASD. The course also covers IEP procedures and proper development of an FBA.
At the completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Identify and gain a basic understanding of the various disorders included in the umbrella term, Pervasive Developmental Disorders, InTASC 2,4
- Understand the law requirements in identifying and educating students with ASD, InTASC 4, 9
- Identify what researchers consider effective programming for students with ASD, InTASC 7, 9
- Define ABA and identify the principles of ABA, InTASC 4, 5
- Define and identify the methodologies of ABA, InTASC 5, 8
- Use principles and methodologies of ABA to develop classroom strategies for students with ASD, InTASC 8
- Conduct a comprehensive assessment, maintain data management, and evaluate services and methodologies, InTASC 6, 9
- Understand the steps of the IEP process from beginning to end, InTASC 9, 10
- Effectively communicate with team members throughout the IEP process, InTASC 10
- Understand the process of developing an FBA (Functional Behavioral Assessment), InTASC 6
- Use multiple methodologies and strategies to support students with ASD in the classroom, InTASC 8
Universities, Course Formats & Pricing
Available within 1 week of receiving your grade.
- 10 text questions
- 2 applications
- 1 action research project
- 1 essay
- 10 journal entries
Teachers Love Our Courses...
"Great Class! I really enjoyed the discussions and learning about valuable strategies to implement in my classroom."
"Great courses, great pricing. I have taken 3 so far and I wish I had found them sooner."
Earn CASH for Referring a new educator
Refer a new customer to us get 10% of their purchase in CASH!