MTI 501 CI-Measuring Effective Teaching
GRADUATE CREDITS: 3
Hattie, J. (2012). Visible Learning for Teachers: Maximizing Impact on Learning. NY, NY: Routledge.
This course is designed for teachers and administrators who wish to understand what evidence based research has revealed about teaching strategies' effects on student achievement. The most effective strategies will be examined as well as the methodology for showing what is most effective. The text not only presents a synthesis of educational research but also presents actual case studies that show the most effective methods used in real classrooms. This class provides a balance between presenting strategies that are linked directly to achievement with the theory that explains why they are effective and how we know.
At the completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Assess which teaching strategies produce the best results according to research. InTASC 1,8
- Evaluate how to implement the best strategies in their own classrooms. InTASC 1,4,7
- Judge how effect size is calculated to measure student outcomes. InTASC 1,7
- Choose effective feedback that aids student learning. InTASC 6,8
- Critique the eight Mindframes that promote effective teaching within a school. InTASC 2,3,5,6,7
Universities, Course Formats & Pricing
Available within 1 week of receiving your grade.
- 10 text questions
- 2 applications
- 1 action research project
- 1 essay
- 10 journal entries
Teachers Love Our Courses...
"Great Class! I really enjoyed the discussions and learning about valuable strategies to implement in my classroom."
"Great courses, great pricing. I have taken 3 so far and I wish I had found them sooner."
Refer a Teacher Program
Refer a teacher and we’ll send you a $25 Amazon gift card!