MTI 535 EL: Differentiation in the Classroom: Helping All Students Find Success
GRADUATE CREDITS: 3
Tomlinson, C. The Differentiated Classroom: Responding to the Needs of All Learners. Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development, VA. 2014. ISBN 978-1-4166-1860-7
The purpose of this class is to develop strategies that can help all students reach their potential. The course will specify what differentiation is, how to incorporate it into the curriculum, and how it can be applied to the classroom. The class will examine the areas of the classroom and instruction that can be differentiated and how the teacher can use a variety of strategies to modify their teaching. The text will present real-life examples of differentiated lesson plans, and teachers will work to create their own activities and strategies to help differentiate their own classrooms. Last, we will examine how a teacher can make sure that they are ready to get started and the steps to make sure that they follow through with differentiating the classroom.
At the completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Judge the effectiveness of differentiating the curriculum for all students. InTASC 1,2,9
- Create activities that differentiate the learning content, process, and product for learners. InTASC 1,2,3,5,8
- Evaluate current curriculum to integrate differentiated activities and standards throughout. InTASC 1,3,8
- Formulate a plan for creating your ideal differentiated classroom to ensure that all students are held to high standards and are able to excel. InTASC 2,3,9
Universities, Course Formats & Pricing
Available within 1 week of receiving your grade.
- 10 text questions
- 2 applications
- 1 action research project
- 1 essay
- 10 journal entries
Teachers Love Our Courses...
"Great Class! I really enjoyed the discussions and learning about valuable strategies to implement in my classroom."
"Great courses, great pricing. I have taken 3 so far and I wish I had found them sooner."
Earn CASH for Referring a new educator
Refer a new customer to us get 10% of their purchase in CASH!